Monday, April 17, 2006 1 Comments A+ a-

I love holidays, every one of them. We feel so blessed to be able to spend the day with family and create so many wonderful memories. Jon and I both come from close-knit families and both families live in the same area; so in order to be fair to both sides, we really try to split the day between the two and yesterday was no different.

We spent the morning in church where Jon attended the service and I was given nursery duty. While I would have loved to be in the service to celebrate that glorious day, instead I was attending to a number of 1-2 year olds and playing with the girls (and boys) in their pretty clothes. After church, we went to Jon’s grandparents house and had a delicious meal with his side of the family (I loved the green beans, Aunt Kara, so tasty!) and where Devyn was able to play for a bit before we headed off to my side of the family, where the Easter Egg Hunt took place and she got to hang out with some more young cousins. Devyn loved doing the Easter Egg Hunt and caught on so fast. She’d find an egg (or have one pointed out to her) and she’d run over, squealing the entire way, and put it in her basket. It was adorable!

Devyn had a wonderful Easter holiday and was quite spoiled with four different Easter baskets; such is the case when she has so many generous grandparents. (This lets Mommy and Daddy off the hook from having to buy anything ourselves!) Devyn ran and ran to her heart’s content, so much so, that when we got in the car to go home she was asleep instantly, worn out from the day’s events. What a great day!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

1 comments:

Write comments
Jill Davis
AUTHOR
7:54 AM delete

I am so glad that you had a blessed Easter. We had a pretty good Easter too. The Sermon at Church was very touching and it was good to see family! I hope to catch up with you soon!

Reply
avatar