Monday, March 13, 2006 2 Comments A+ a-

My poor, poor, exhausted husband! We had some cold, snowy weather this past week and Jon has been putting in a number of overnight hours at work. He clocked in 30 hours over the weekend from Friday night to this morning. I don’t think we spent more than an hour together at a time since Wednesday night. It’s so hard to see him leave around 7:30 at night and stumble back in around 8:30 the following morning. Devyn and I try to leave him in peace and often spend days elsewhere so he can sleep. I am so thankful for such a hard-working, dedicated husband. He is such an amazing man, one who is so willing to work hard for our family and without a complaint. When he comes home after being out all night and crawls into bed, I will just stare at his whiskered face and thank God for putting him in my life. I’ll admit though, I miss spending time with him after a week like this. I feel disconnected, out-of-sorts, and as though something is missing in my life. I’m anxious for the snow to disappear from the roads and spend some alone time with my beloved.

On another note, Devyn and I had a great weekend together. We spent some "girl" time at lunch with my mom, sisters, grandma, Aunt Debbie, and her daughter, Abby. We went to Young’s, a Vietnamese restaurant here, and the company was wonderful. There’s nothing better than getting together with the women in your life and enjoying each other. Then we spent Saturday night with a friend who was house-sitting for an eye doctor in the area. My brother-in-law, Caleb, was joking that we could pool all of our salaries, agree to live under one roof AND still not afford that home. It was a spectacular home, complete with an indoor pool, wine cellar, and deluxe entertainment center. A person could get lost in this home and Devyn actually did a couple of times. On Sunday, Devyn and I went to church; went grocery shopping; and then waited for Jon to wake up. All in all, an uneventful weekend but filled with family, friends, and good times. What more could a woman ask for?!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

2 comments

Write comments
Anonymous
AUTHOR
9:13 PM delete

Jen, I am so proud of you and your love for Jon. What a great legacy you are providing.
We just love Devyn so much and I print out almost every pic of her. She is just the angel. Hope we can see you all again very soon.
Love,
Aunt Colleen & Kids

Reply
avatar
Jennifer
AUTHOR
12:40 PM delete

Thanks Aunt Colleen. We think she is pretty special too. As far as my hubby goes; I love and emote on Devyn all the time, I figured Jon could use the same. =)

Reply
avatar