Tuesday, March 28, 2006 3 Comments A+ a-

I am so tired! Even my usual shot of caffeine, straight Pepsi thank you very much, is having little impact on my drooping eyes. Why am I so tired, you ask. Its because I was woken at 2:00am by the sounds emanating from our baby monitor. There is nothing worse than waking up to the sounds of your child grunting and pushing like there is no tomorrow. Imagine waking from a deep sleep to "ughhhhh, errhhhhh, ahhhhh" at full volume and realizing that its not a nightmare, just your 16-month-old trying to poop. But there is something worse. Changing that diaper at 2:00 in the morning while trying not to fall asleep and keep your daughter's hands out of her used diaper, at the same time.

Maybe I should try a shot of espresso...

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

3 comments

Write comments
Anonymous
AUTHOR
10:40 AM delete

Jenn, I love you. That story is gross though and I wish I didn't read it. Is that why Devyn came to our house in her Pj's this morning?

Reply
avatar
Jennifer
AUTHOR
12:14 PM delete

Courtney, you crack me up. It's just the joy of being a mother. And the reason she was in her pjs today is because she decided to sleep in after her "episode" early this morning. =)

Reply
avatar
Jess
AUTHOR
5:44 PM delete

HA!!! ROFLMAO!!! But, yes, definately coffee forms of caffeines are way stronger than soda. I don't waste my time w/ soda. Gimme the goods, babe!

Reply
avatar