Monday, March 27, 2006 3 Comments A+ a-

Happy Birthday, My Love!
We celebrated Jon’s birthday over the weekend with a romantic dinner and evening for two. I plotted and planned in secret to arrange this evening for us. I’d been thinking for a few weeks that it was probably time for Devyn to have her first sleepover without us and this was a perfect time to do it. I dropped her off at Uncle Caleb and Aunt Christine’s house on Saturday evening and then rushed home to create our special evening. Jon was both surprised and touched at my birthday plans and it was wonderful to reconnect with him as my husband; not just as my best friend or the father of our baby. Jon had some fun with our digital camera, as you can tell, and took some great shots of the evening. Happy Birthday, Jon! I am so blessed to have you in my life.

Devyn did fine with our night apart; in fact, she did far better than I. I believe I called my sister three times from Saturday evening to Sunday morning. Although she was a bit attached to Aunt Christine, she did fine and actually slept 11 hours straight for them. It wasn’t until Devyn saw us in church the next day that she realized we’d been missing. She was grouchy and very clingy the rest of the day, never letting me out of her sight. Although it was a bit frustrating not being able to leave the room all day, it feels nice to be missed. But I’m glad that we got that "first" out of our way. I’m hoping that next time we plan a weekend retreat, it won’t be as hard being away from my baby.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

3 comments

Write comments
Jess
AUTHOR
3:23 PM delete

YEAH! Happy Birthday, dear cuz! I was gonna comment that these pics didn't look like your typical party pics to be found on a mommy blog ;). Thanks for not posting pics of your "reconnecting" {{giggles}}. So happy you had you time!

Reply
avatar
Jennifer
AUTHOR
3:27 PM delete

I am laughing so hard! =) Of course, I was going to be discreet as possible but Jon was pretty proud of his photos. It was good to spend time alone with him.

Reply
avatar
Jill Davis
AUTHOR
8:05 AM delete

That is so awesome that you guys got that time to spend with each other and love on each other!

Happy Birthday Jon!

Jill

Reply
avatar