Wednesday, March 22, 2006 2 Comments A+ a-

Devyn Paige loves her American Idol. Don’t ask me where it comes from because her daddy and I really don’t follow it that closely. But last week we stumbled across American Idol performances and Devyn became hooked. She danced her way through several songs, moving and bopping to the beat. It…was…adorable! So, this week we were armed and had the camera ready. Please click on these links and catch our dancing star.

In other Devyn-related news, she developed a new way to catch our attention over the weekend. Daddy was gone, plowing again, and it was just the two of us relaxing on Saturday afternoon. I was folding some laundry and didn’t notice Devyn come up behind me but when I didn’t turn around fast enough, she growled. Yep, that’s right, she growled at me; a deep growl with all the effort her body could muster. Of course, I laughed and now it’s become a fun game of growling back and forth at each other. She is becoming aware of her own cuteness.

Devyn brought me her cowgirl boots that are still too big for her to wear yet but was insistent that I put them on her. She spent the rest of the evening clacking her way across our wood floor, tickled at the sounds these boots make. Jon, of course, is so pleased that his daughter is fast becoming a “real” cowgirl.

And last, but not least, our baby girl is turning into quite the cuddle-bug. She is constantly lifting her arms for a quick snuggle, or if you’re sitting on the floor, she’ll come up behind you and throw her arms around your neck. And much to daddy’s dismay, she’s starting to give her kisses away. I love when she walks up to me, arms high, and when she’s snuggled in my arms, she lean forward and press her lips to mine. Ahh, sweet, sweet child, how she knows the way to my heart!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

2 comments

Write comments
Jess
AUTHOR
1:25 PM delete

SWEET! SWEET! SWEET!!!! Much to my dismay, as we were getting ready to go to storytime at our library this morning, we were chatting about no hitting, being quiet & Sophia blurbs, "an' if I wanna kiss the boy I hafta ask the mommies". Um.... uh....er..... DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!!! AAUUUGGGHHHH!!!! Watch where those kisses land!

Reply
avatar
Jennifer
AUTHOR
3:35 PM delete

Oh my, Jess. You and Griff are going to have your hands full when the teen years hit! I can't believe she's already talking about kissing boys. Oh my!

Reply
avatar