Wednesday, February 01, 2006 0 Comments A+ a-

Usually, I have the imagination of a child. If my thoughts are given free rein, they bounce from daydream to daydream and I'm able to come up with the craziest ideas. For instance, after reading some heart-breaking stories of mothers watching their children go through luekemia, I find myself panicking at the slightest rise in Devyn's temperature. It's because of my ability to put myself in their shoes, that I have to keep a tight grip on reality.

My sister, Courtney, just called me with a horrific story that she had to read for class. The story entailed a mother and her baby in a concentration camp. It involved the careful smuggling of the baby into camp and the horrendeous way she, the mother, had to watch her baby die. At the end of the story, Courtney asked me, "Can you imagine going through that with Devyn?"

I can't imagine. I actually cannot let my mind go to such a place...

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.