Friday, February 24, 2006 0 Comments A+ a-

My eight-week-old cousin, Alivia Jane, and her mommy, Dareth, came to visit us this week. Its interesting having a first, blood cousin younger than your daughter but such is the life in large families. (I am closer in age to some uncles than I am to their children.) It was a wonderful visit and I so enjoyed my time with Dareth. She is technically my aunt, as she married my uncle three years ago, but it’s strange to call a woman only 4 years older than myself "aunt". Beyond titles and ages, Dareth and I share so much in common and I'm having such a good time sharing motherhood experiences with her.

Devyn was really unsure of what to think of the new baby and really wanted nothing to do with her at first. But Devyn decided that there must be more to this baby than meets the eye if "Mommy" is holding her. For the most part, Devyn was very gentle with Alivia and would stroke her head or her back. But when we got out the video camera, she got a little excited and wound up being a little too rough. Some of these photos include my cousin, Abby, who loves her baby cousins. Devyn is very infatuated with Abby, will follow her anywhere, and hysterically giggles at anything Abby does. I love seeing Devyn interact with family!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.