Wednesday, February 15, 2006 1 Comments A+ a-

I’ve been calling myself a "winter widow" for almost two years now. Last night is a prime example of why I’ve given myself this nickname. Jon called me around noon yesterday to inform me that he’s being sent home to get ready for a night of snow plowing. I sighed as I saw our dinner reservations fly out the window. But I’ve come to accept that this is our life during the winter months. Jon went home and slept all day in preparation for the long night ahead. When I got off work, he woke up and we spent some quality time together before he left at 7:30pm. After Jon left, Devyn and I ate spaghetti-o’s and pizza by candlelight and cuddled up together to watch a chick flick. I guess Valentine’s Day comes in all shapes and sizes, huh?

Whenever Jon has to pull an all-nighter with CDOT, he always leaves both the shotgun and pistol loaded for our protection. I was woken about 2:00am from some noise coming from Devyn’s bedroom, so I grabbed the pistol out of my nightstand and went to investigate. What a relief to see Jackson and Grady come out with sheepish grins on their faces. I guess that was my fault for not putting them to bed properly…

On another note, Jon heads into surgery tomorrow. We have to be at the surgical center, in Loveland I might add, by 6:00am. His surgery is scheduled at 7:00am and should take approximately 45 minutes to an hour. We’re hoping to be back at home, with Jon in bed and ready to be pampered, by noon. We’d appreciate your prayers in the days ahead. One, that the God will guide the surgeon’s hands; two, that Jon’s recovery will be fast and complete; and three, that God will give me patience during the three days that Jon has to remain in bed.

I would also like to direct your attention to another site. I do not know this family or anyone close to them. I found this family through another site I had been visiting but their story tugs at my heartstrings! They have a son, Oliver, who is Devyn's age at 15 months old and is valiantly trying to battle luekemia. Please visit when you get a chance and send prayers on their behalf. Their decision is not one I envy and my heart breaks for them!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

1 comments:

Write comments
Jill Davis
AUTHOR
3:21 PM delete

I really wish that I could get some pictures on my blog, so that it could be as cool as yours!

Tell Jon to get well soon! I hope that all went well with his surgery!

Reply
avatar