Tuesday, January 03, 2006 1 Comments A+ a-

Bugs in the Glover House!
We had a pretty eventful week in the Glover household. First and foremost, I had the whole week off and I loved my time at home with Devyn! She is such a beautiful, little girl with a sweet spirit and disposition. Jon and I are so blessed to be her parents! I am so excited because I’m finally able to pull her hair back into pigtails. It is so cute even though it makes Devyn appear so much older.

I had a health scare last week. I’d been having some drainage from my right ear for the past month or so and was diagnosed with an ear infection. (I thought these were supposed to go away in adulthood?!) I was put on antibiotics but since it didn’t hurt, I stopped taking them. Which, in turn, resulted in a blown ear-drum; mandatory drugs and ear drops; lectures from Mom, the doctor, and my husband; and hearing loss for 4 days! Needless to say, a hard lesson was learned and I’ll never fool around with infections again. The antibiotics and drops are doing wonders and I feel 100% better.

Both Devyn and I attracted the cold that’s flying around Northern Colorado. I had it mid-week and Devyn’s cold started over the weekend. We’ve both been grunting, coughing, irritable, tiresome, congested and cranky. I think Jon is ready to call it quits and move to Alaska!

We’ve had wonderful baby news from family and friends in the past month. Congratulations to the families on the birth of their beautiful baby girls, Brooklyn Marie Denke and Alivia Jane Cox. We are so excited for you guys and are so thankful that they arrived safely.


Devyn comforting me during the ear-crisis! Precious indeed!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

1 comments:

Write comments
Jess
AUTHOR
3:24 PM delete

Prayers to ya, mama! Pigtails are SO aging for lil gals! Go from babe to little girl instantly. Note the age difference: Sophia was 18 months before she had enough hair to get into pigtails. You're so lucky to have a girl with hair!!

Reply
avatar