Saturday, December 17, 2005 0 Comments A+ a-

Michael Lacy died this morning. I found out this morning from our mutual friend, Cassie, and my heart just sank. I stood in the shower and the word “why” just kept rolling around and around in my head. It’s moments like this that often have me searching for reasons or answers. All of the pat, Christian answers “It’s all part of God’s plan” or “This happened for a reason” just seem so trite and insufficient. We may never know the reason why God decided to take Michael; we may never know whose life he touched; and we may never know his reason for being here. But I do know this, Michael was loved by many and the Lacy family showed him God’s love and grace in a way that Michael’s birth parents were unable to do. I pray that Charla and Matt will be comforted by the fact that they did a wonderful thing by loving Michael and taking him in as their own. My heart is breaking for their loss and I'm sure theirs are breaking as well. But I hope they know that God is looking down saying, “Well done, good and faithful servants.”

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.