Monday, December 19, 2005 0 Comments A+ a-

A few ramblings...
Life just seems so crazy right now and I can barely string two coherent thoughts together, much less a whole blog. So I just thought I'd make a list of some rambling thoughts:
  • My poor, dear husband worked so much this weekend with the snowstorm that came through. I believe he put in about 34-35 hours of work in a 48-hour period. The overtime will be nice but I missed spending time with him over the weekend and I don't enjoy playing "single-mom" at all. However, he is a hard-working, dedicated man and I love and respect him for providing for our family. Thank you, Jon!
  • What is it about this season?! I, personally, love this time of year. I love spending time with family and friends; I love baking cookies and treats; I love getting ready for this magical time of year; and I love experiencing it through Devyn's eyes. But how do you explain the rest of the world and their attitudes? For example, I was driving along when a man stepped out in front of my car. I double-checked to make sure that I hadn't run through a cross-walk, stoplight, etc. but I hadn't. Thank goodness I stopped in time but the man decided to flip me off anyway. Did I mention he was wearing a Santa hat? Merry Christmas to you too, Buddy!
  • I managed to get all of our gifts wrapped and under the tree by Saturday night. I should have known that teaching Devyn to open gifts would come back to bite us. Sunday morning I came out of the bathroom to find two un-wrapped Christmas gifts. (Brock - I did my best to rewrap your present but...)
  • I think I've been bitten by the baby-bug. My sister, Christine, and I counted 8 family and friends expecting new bundles of joy in the next 9 months and about 3-4 friends who are actively "trying". I'm really not ready for another one but I can't help but dream. I'm wishing my family and friends who are expecting, healthy pregnancies and safe deliveries. And to my family and friends who are trying (you know who you are!), best of luck and have fun!
  • And last, but not least, I am so thankful for my husband and daughter. They make the rest of this world seem less crazy and make my life so complete. I love my time with them and I cherish them more than anything under the Christmas tree. Thank you, God, for bringing such wonderful blessings into my life!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.